(Chief Patron National Women’s Parliament)
Hon’ble Chief Minister, Andhra Pradesh
- Naidu draws his inspiration from the founder of the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) Sri Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao (NTR), who always considered society a temple and people its gods. Serving society, the people and striving towards their betterment through fast-paced inclusive development strategies has been the driving force behind Mr. Naidu’s political vision and achievements.
- This vision and determination saw him bring in revolutionary development models and innovative strategies as the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh to spur growth, motivate people and achieve all-round prosperity. He was one of the first to break the clichéd style of administration of working within the four walls and make it more participatory where people have a major role in contributing to the society.
- By introducing concepts such as Janmabhoomi and Shramadan, Mr. Naidu motivated all sections of the society and even the Non-resident Indians (NRIs) to voluntarily contribute their mite to the development of their home state. His vision and approach revitalized the people and infused life into every sphere of governance. He also evolved strategies for creating rapid employment opportunities, particularly in the knowledge and information technology industries.
- He focussed on health, employment opportunities and basic needs for all and gave an impetus to the farmers, weaker sections of the society and the minorities by introducing many developmental schemes. Mr. Naidu paved the way for the creation of women’s self-help groups like the DWCRA to tackle socio-economic poverty in villages.
- Whether leading the government or in Opposition, Mr. Naidu relentlessly strived for the multi-dimensional development of the people, uplift of the poor and wealth creation. His nine-year rule (1995-2004) was a golden period in the history of Andhra Pradesh.