Vice President, MAEER’s MIT Group of Institutions, Founder Chief Convener, MIT School of Government, Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad (Indian Student Parliament) & National Teachers’ Congress (NTC)
- Rahul Vishwanath Karad is an enterprising young educationist in the forefront of the 68 institutes strong MAEER’s MIT Group of Institutions, Pune with over 55,000 students under its fold. A graduate in engineering and a post graduate in management from Cardiff U.K, He is an alumnus of the Harvard Business School, U.S.A.
- Rahul is advancing the inherited vision and mission of his visionary academician father Prof. Dr. Vishwanath Karad (a visionary educationist of India and Founder and Executive President of MAEER’s MIT Group of Institutions, Pune) , with a fearless passion and deep rooted patriotic content in his heart. He holds a firm conviction in channelizing the power of youth to augment their active participation in our pluralistic democracy. His true nationalistic consciousness keeps finding expressions through numerous activities that he initiates and infuses a renewed sense of pride and patriotism amongst the young budding minds of India.
- It takes lots of audacity, nurtured patriotic sentiments and strength of will to sow the seed to bring about transformation in a country where not many people think differently. Addressing his burning desire in contribution to Nation Building, prompted him trudge a new path reflecting in the shape of MAEER’s MIT School of Government, the first institution of its kind not only in India but also in Asia to start a professional program for a career in Politics & Government. With his energized focus and genuine involvement the school is honing and nurturing the next generation of Indian Political Leaders and his efforts are appreciated, placed and valued in the national context. The school has increased manifold in stature and prestige by its concentrated efforts of strengthening the fabric of Indian Democratic Leadership.
- He is also the driving force behind Bharat Asmita National Awards, which are national level annual awards inspiring many a generation of management gurus, journalists and people in the forefront of Indian Parliamentary Practices for their meaningful contribution in the process of Nation Building. Rahul’s relentless efforts are driven by his foresight and conviction of “Education” being the strongest element of social and economic transformation.
- In June 2007, Rahul V. Karad was conferred The Hague Human Rights Award by Global Human Rights Defence (GHRD), an NGO based in the Netherlands. This award is conferred on young men and women who have contributed to the cause of promotion of human rights in different countries of the world.
- Rahul V. Karad realizes that educational institutions provide an excellent platform to promote the cause of nation building and social commitment and actively encourages the students of the various institutions headed by him to participate in nationally and socially relevant activities. India is shaping up to be a superpower by the year 2040 and Rahul V. Karad takes every effort to ensure that the youth of today work relentlessly to achieve this noble goal. In this regard “India the Super Power Vision 2040” First Ever Young Parliamentary Conference was organized by Rahul V. Karad on 9th August 2004 in Pune.
- He expanded the canvas of MIT School of Government, by bringing out the classroom training to the thousands of common youth through an innovative platform, the Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad (Indian Student Parliament). This is a youth movement for the transformation of society, for nurturing dreams and legitimate aspirations of the youth, for building the nation, and for intensifying the flame of Indian democratic leadership. The platform works with the objective of bringing the representation of youth in the mainstream of political and social democracy and imparts practical leadership training to prepare them for future leadership of the nation.
Membership: Active Founder member of Pune International Centre, a body of think-tanks of the Pune, mobilizing the intellectual resources of the city and creating future leadership for its inclusive growth.
- Vice President – MAEER’S MIT Group of Institutions, Pune (an Educational Group of 68 institutions of different streams having strength over 55000 student every year)
- Founder, Dean – MAEER’s MIT School of Government, Pune (1st School in India to train youth to enter into the politics)
- Founder, Convener – Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad- (Indian Student Parliament) – (1st Largest classroom of India with participation of over 12,000 student union / council leaders to develop future leadership for India) Four editions all annual conclave are over and 5th Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad from 10 to 12 January 2015 at Pune
- Founder – Bharat Asmita National Awards, Arya Chankya State Awards
- Member – National Service Scheme Advisory Committee, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Government of India
- Member – Central Selection Committee, National Youth Awards, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Government of India
- Member – Indira Gandhi National Service Scheme Awards, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Government of India
- Bachelor of Engineering: From June 1994 to Jun 1999.
- Grade : First Class with Distinction.
- Institution : MAEER’s Maharashtra Institute of Technology.
- Subject: Mechanical Engineering.
- DBA: From June 1999 to Jun 2000.
- Grade : Passed.
- Institution : Cardiff Business School.
- Subject: Management.
- Owner President Management Program (OPM): From June 2004 to Jun 2006.
- Grade : Completed.
- Institution : Harvard Business School.
- Subject: Management.