Legendary Kuchipudi Dancer
- Radha Reddy born on February 15, 1955, is a legendary Kuchipudi dancer, guru and choreographer.
- For her services to the field of arts, the Government of India have conferred on her the Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan, Sangeet Natak Akademi and Nritya Choodamani awards alongwith her husband Raja Reddy
- Radha Reddy has a Diploma in Choreography.
- Radha alongwith her husband Raja Reddy, started the Natya Tarangini Institute of Kuchipudi dance, which is located in the Saket locality of New Delhi. The institute trains students in classical dance, music, yoga and Sanskrit. The institute also has a mini auditorium, an art gallery and hostel facility on its premises. The Institute hosts the annual dance and music festival, Parampara Series as well as the Shreyasi International Dance Festival which showcases artistes drawn from across the world.
- The duo learnt Kuchipudi under their guru Vedantam Prahalada Sarma of Eluru. In 1966, on a Government of Andhra Pradesh scholarship, they went to Delhi where they studied choreography and other stage arts under Guru Maya Rao at Natya Ballet Centre.
- Raja and Radha Reddy’s first big break came in 1970 when their performance at the Theatre Tamil Nadu was widely well reviewed and received.
- Their performances were also noted by the then Minister for Tourism, Karan Singh and by Prime Minister Indira Gandhi who allotted them a house in Delhi after witnessing their performance during the celebrations of Nehru’s birth anniversary.
- In their careers spanning over five decades and still counting, Drs. Raja and Radha Reddy are the first Indian dancers to perform in the International Dance Festival of Avignon in France and Salzburg (Austria) and the Festivals of India in the USA, UK and Bangladesh.
- In Japan, The Reddys were two of the twenty two star dancers from across the world invited to perform at The All-star Ballet Gala Festival. Raja Radha Reddy inaugurated the “Play House Theatre” in Durban (South Africa), they performed on Mississippi river for the Late President Ford and a galaxy of notable personalities across the globe.