Eminent Lawyer, Former Chairperson, National Commission for Women
- Poornima Advani is a renowned expert in criminal jurisprudence and family law, and as the Former Chairperson of National Commission for Women, she was responsible for monitoring laws relating to women and for investigating complaints concerning women’s rights.
- She pioneered efforts to focus national attention on the enforcement of existing women-related legislation, and on the need for gender-sensitization of all organs of the state and of civil society.
- A committed social worker, Dr. Advani is a sensitive yet powerful force against injustice, whose publications and lectures in India and abroad have helped raise awareness the plight of women and of the need to take meaningful action to restore women to their rightful status in society.
- Poornima G. Advani is an Advocate of Bombay High Court, Special Panel Counsel for Government of India. Dr. Advani served as a Director of Shree Ram Urban Infrastructure, Ltd from March 18, 2009 to March 3, 2016.
- Dr. Advani serves as member of Maharashtra State Legal Services Authority. Dr. Advani has obtained her Masters Degree in Law (LLM) from University of Bombay. She has obtained her Doctorate of Philosophy in Laws (Ph. D) in the year 1993.