(Chairman, National Women’s Parliament)
Hon’ble Speaker of Andhra Pradesh State Legislative Assembly
- Kodela Siva Prasada Rao is the Speaker of Andhra Pradesh State Legislative Assembly.
- MBBS from Kurnool, Guntur Medical College
- MS (General Surgery), Banaras Hindu University.
- He is Elected as MLA from Sattenapalle, Guntur District of Telugu Desam Party
- Established his own practice in Narasaraopeta near Guntur. Being brought up in rural area, he had very much concern to the patients and developed personal touch with the Villagers.
- Knowing the services of Dr. Sivaprasada, NT Rama Rao directly offered Home Ministry to Dr. Kodela and it was record in the country to offer Home portfolio as a maiden attempt.
- Later Dr. Sivaprasad got very prestigious portfolios such as Civil supplies, Panchayatraj, Health, and Irrigation. As Irrigation Minister, Almatty issue was taken up at the National level and National press remarked whether Kodela is a Medical doctor or a Doctorate in Civil Engineering.
- In PanchayatRaj, he was instrumental in establishment of Dwakra groups and won the appreciation for developing the perfect systems and four and half lac Dwakra groups were developed. Drinking water system in Narasaraopet was improved which solved the drinking problems for next twenty years.
- As Health Minister, he was instrumental for starting of Basavatarakam Indo American Cancer Institute at Hyderabad for cancer treatment to the people at International standards in a most affordable way.
- The jewel in his crown is the development of Kotappakonda into a pilgrim center by laying ghat road. As part of ecotourism, gardens were developed for scenic beauty and thus attracting lakhs of devotees.
- As part of Swachh Andhra Pradesh, Dr. Kodela Siva Prasada Rao is actively involved in the construction of 20,000 individual sannitary latrines in his Constituency, Sattenapally and across State. So far, Dr.Kodela won six times as MLA.