Independent Consultant and Sr. Advisor of KPMG
- Bhavna Doshi is an independent consultant specializing in the field of indirect taxation. She is Senior Advisor to KPMG in India.
- She joined the firm BSR & Co (a full member firm of KPMG in India) in 2000 as Partner heading the Indirect Taxes Practice for the firm.
- She also serves as independent director on boards of several listed companies.
- During her professional career of over 30 years, Smt. Doshi has been providing advisory services in the fields of taxation, accounting, corporate laws, valuations, and mergers and acquisitions to national and multinational entities.
- She led two large value added tax projects for two state governments of India and was also a member of the government of India, ADB-funded project for capacity building in the field of VAT.
- She was a member of the KPMG Global VAT Network and is an active contributor to the development of proposed GST in India.
- Doshi has served as a member of the Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and also as a member of the Compliance Committee of the International Federation of Accountants, headquartered in New York.
- She is a regular speaker at seminars and conferences organized by professional and industry associations.